Acumen Solutions drives excellence - not only in our performance, but also in the results we deliver for our clients. We are a global cloud consultancy combining the insight of our strategists, the vision of our innovators, and the ingenuity of our engineers to achieve extraordinary impact. The Fortune 500 trust us to build solutions focused on growing revenue and profits by amplifying competitive advantage and strengthening customer relationships. Our groundbreaking solutions in the public sector streamline operations and improve productivity. We apply this same focus on excellence to our unparalleled social responsibility program, generating sustainable impact across our local communities. Engage with us at www.acumensolutions.com or on Twitter @AcumenSolutions.
We are seeking passionate and motivated Business Architect
s to support our customer engagements. A Business Architect drives the strategic business vision for a client program / project and is responsible for ensuring business goals and desired outcomes are addressed.
He/She is the primary liaison between the customer business team and the Acumen Solutions technology implementation team, ensuring that there is a clear understanding of desired business outcomes. In addition, this role supports and helps to drive the definition of business goals and associated improvement metrics, owns business process reengineering, and ensures that business goals and metrics are addressed appropriately via process reengineering, the system implementation, or via additional methods.
He/She oversees business requirements gathering, brings industry best practices, trends and issues, and innovative solutions to the customer. He/She owns validating that the overall solution design meets and supports the business goals and/or objectives, as identified in the visioning sessions and through general interactions. He/She interacts at a project level and directly with the project business sponsor in establishing strategic relationships and influences business and roadmap decisions.
The ideal candidate:
- Defines Strategy - Demonstrates the ability to discover and understand business issues, connect issues across industry / division, quickly adopt customer / client terminology, and synthesize information gathered in a consumable, audience-specific way that addresses overall business needs
- Understands Current Solution Innovations – Fluent in priority business issues, hurdles faced, innovative process and technology solutions being implemented across online and offline marketing, sales, and service capabilities, and understands the advantages and risks, and describes resulting successes
- Creates Business Value – Defines differentiating capabilities, process and technology accelerators, and skill sets that drive ROI and asymmetrical value-to-cost
- Builds Relationships - Can quickly establishes trusted advisor relationships with clients and Acumen teams through visioning, roadmap, and implementation engagements based on industry knowledge and applying it to specific client situations and business goals.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Facilitates & drives conversations through workshops at multiple levels of customer organizations, including executive visioning (C-level), business process discovery / design (Middle management), etc.
- Defines overall business goals / objectives for programs / projects in collaboration with customer business partners
- Support Executive-led visioning sessions through management of pre-work (executive interviews, client surveys, report preparation) and support / co-facilitation on-site with customer executive teams
- Able to strategize with the customer on how they can improve their business
- Brings industry and/or business process best practice expertise to the customer
- Proactively recommends requirements and/or process improvements to the customer
- Oversees elicitation of the business requirements (user stories) through the management of the SBAs and BAs during the requirements gathering phase
- Partners with the product owner to set and align business priorities
- Responsible for validating that the delivered product meets the strategic business objectives through activities such as demos, UAT, etc.
- Supports business development based on their expertise
- Experience applying strategic frameworks to analyze complex business challenges
- Experience in business process analysis and modeling; ability to use Microsoft Visio or other process visualization tools
- Ability to make business recommendations and successfully implement them across an organization
- Ability to gain support for new ideas and align stakeholders. Change Management experience is a plus
- Prior experience in management, business, or technology consulting
- Customer Relationship Management business process experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- 6-10 years of industry experience
- Exceptional communication skills, written skills, and business acumen
- Ability to create client presentations
- Strong client facing skills is a must
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma or similar methodologies a plus
Acumen Solutions offers the opportunity for growth and advancement, as well as a competitive base salary, annual performance based incentives, medical benefits & 401k.
As a leading management and technology consulting firm, Acumen Solutions offers a range of challenging and rewarding opportunities whether you’re just starting out in your career, looking to advance your career, or seeking a senior leadership position. Acumen Solutions employees are ambitious, committed, passionate problem solvers.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor